Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day update


Ate some of the kohlrabi. Interesting taste, but good enough I bought a packet of seeds to grow more. Also some radish greens and broccoli in there. The radishes took too long to grow, they ended up really spicy.










The pole beans are shooting up fast, starting to grab onto the trellis















Stonehead cabbages are about ready to harvest, the red cabbages are taking longer to produce heads. They also got bigger then I expected, I planted them too close together. Oops :)


Red cabbage


Stonehead Cabbage


















Collard Greens



Collard greens are filling out well. May have to stake them up sometime soon.













Onion flower


I left onions in over winter, they wouldn't bulb up but I am about to collect their seeds for next year.
Carrots coming up



I really need to weed.  Everything is nice and green though :)

I have sometime before I plant falls crops, so the only thing I have left to plant for a bit are these guys.  I am going to try and build a wooden trellis to support them to save some space.  Planting them were the kohlrabis where, and will let them grow into the cabbage space after I pick them.







1 comment: