Friday, May 20, 2011

Picture Time



 This is the left side of the garden in early May.

Early May




My spinach decided to bolt earlier this week. It was still tasty, but I wish it had held out a little longer to get a bigger harvest. I did need the space though, so it worked out.


This is a kohlrabi. One of several things I have planted that I had never eaten before. The leaves I have been picking and using as greens, and the base will eventually turn into an orb which I plan on stuffing and eating.


The trellis in the foreground is for snap peas, and the large one with string to the left in the background is for pole beans.
 Heirloom tomatoes in their cages.









Stonehead and red cabbages




Baby broccoli
Crookneck squash
Stonehead cabbage





Last picture is a lot of broccoli. I currently have several types of beans sprouting, and swiss chard and collard greens to keep me in greens while it warms up.  The zucchinis and squash are starting to fill out.  I would like to plant some watermelons but they take up a lot of space so I will have to find a good place for them.





2 comments:

  1. Its looking very good.Nice to see a garden somewhat in my zone..Hope your getting the warm weather we are..I try'd wintersowing mortgagelifter this winter but no sprouts but I did manage to get cherokee purple and blackbrandywine and redbrandywine all new to me and cant wait to try them.I will save you some Paul Robeson tomato seeds for next year,I love those black russian tomatoes..If you want to try them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heat has finally arrived. I am looking forward to trying all the different heirlooms, this is really my first time experimenting with a lot of this stuff. I would love to try anything you have!

    ReplyDelete