Thursday, January 12, 2012

New year new garden

So I sort of slacked off at the end of the year last year. Because of the crazy warm weather I still had some crops until early January. Greens and radishes mostly. Christmas came and went.
Cats were dressed like Santa and I got a tiller and money to buy equipment. I purchased a grow light, will be starting some seeds indoor this year. Also got some more obscure seeds, want to experiment with new things this year.
Not a whole lot to take pictures of yet. I finally expanded the plot into an actual rectangle instead of the weird L shape I was working with. 600 total feet, I drew up an actual plan with paths and other neat stuff instead of just throwing plants in a totally random fashion. About 400 square foot of growing space. I am also building a raised bed on the side of the house, about 40 square feet, that will be for experimenting with square foot gardening techniques. Haven't built it yet though, so no pictures.

Things I will grow for sure this year; Beets (red and chioggia), cabbage, lettuces, spinach (bloomsdale and new zealand), rainbow chard, onions, shallots, potatoes, tomatoes, squash (red kuri, ronde de nice, pattypan, and the regulars), pole beans, sugar peas, broccoli raab, garlic, cucumbers, horseradish, radishes (round red, black spanish, sparkler), arugula, and I will have to find room for some watermelon for my grandmother.


Will update with seedlings soon hopefully!

2 comments:

  1. Alright glad to see you back,Join us over at Seed Traders on facebook and you will get some more obscure seed,Tom

    http://www.facebook.com/groups/103053019817358/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for the link, checking it out now.

    ReplyDelete